Wednesday, November 29, 2023

BEAUTIFUL NEWS! NOVEMBER 2023!


I have just found that Google Books digitised the 1892 book "La regina Cristina di Svezia in Italia (1655-1689): Memorie storiche ed aneddotiche con documenti", by Gaudenzio Claretta, on November 8 this year! I have seen it referenced in other subsequent biographies of Kristina, but despite searching everywhere online and seeing it listed in online library catalogues I could not find it digitised anywhere until now, and it is a very pleasant surprise! I was almost afraid I'd never get to see it for myself. This copy comes from the University Library in Basel, Switzerland. I hope to look through and consult this longed-for book and post some finds here as soon as I can, so stay tuned. I know and hope there are interesting things in there, and I hope for more exciting updates like this in future.

I am not a professional at all, but I love to research and share the ins and outs and the big and the small of Kristina's life and times, and it makes me happy to follow in the footsteps of the other Kristina researchers like Johan Arckenholtz in the 18th century and Baron Carl Bildt in the 19th century. I do not brag intentionally, but I imagine that they and the "sun" who our research revolves around would admire my diligence. Said sun would also probably resent my criticisms of her. I may seem like a sun worshipper, but I know and see her faults as well as her virtues.

No comments:

Post a Comment