Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Excerpt from Kristina's letter to Galleazzo Marescotti, the Apostolic Nuncio to Poland, dated April 13, 1669

Source:

Mémoires concernant Christine, reine de Suède, volume 3, page 383, compiled and edited by Johan Arckenholtz, 1759


The letter:

Vous recevrez par cet Ordinaire les Duplicats de la Procuration dans la forme que vous l'avez desirée, m'assurant que vous maniérez l'affaire comme vous l'avez marqué au Cardinal Azzolino, afin de me laisser la liberté par rapport au Mariage; sur quoi je me remets à mes précédentes, où je me suis expliquée clairement là-dessus.

Swedish translation (my own):

Ni skall med denna post erhålla dubbletterna av fullmakten i den form Ni önskat, försäkrande mig att Ni skall handlägga saken som Ni markerat den med kardinal Azzolino, för att lämna mig frihet med avseende på äktenskapet, på vilket jag återvänder till mina tidigare brev, där jag förklarat mig tydligt om detta.

English translation (my own):

You will receive by this ordinary the duplicates of the procuration in the form you desired, assuring me that you will handle the matter as you marked it with Cardinal Azzolino, in order to leave me freedom with regard to the marriage, on which I return to my previous letters, where I explained myself clearly on this.


Above: Kristina.


Above: Galleazzo Marescotti, the Apostolic Nuncio to Poland.

No comments:

Post a Comment