Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Kristina's letter to the Chevalier de Terlon, undated

Source:

Mémoires concernant Christine, reine de Suède, volume 4, page 61, compiled and edited by Johan Arckenholtz, 1760


The letter:

Il y a plusieurs Ordinaires que j'ai accordé à Evert Haas la grace qu'il me demande par votre entremise, me l'ayant demandée autrefois en droiture, dont les dépêches ont été envoyées à mon Résident Texeira. Je suis bien aise d'avoir prévenu vos instances en cette occasion, vous assurant qu'en toute autre je serai prête à vous complaîre, pour vous marquer l'état que je fais de votre personne & de votre amitié. Au-reste soyez persuadé que j'aurai une très-grande satisfaction de vous voir à Rome; priant Dieu, &c.

Swedish translation (my own):

Det är flera ordinarie som jag har givit Evert Haas den förlåtelse han ber mig genom Er, efter att han har bett mig om det tidigare i rättfärdighet, vars depescher har skickats till min resident Texeira. Jag är mycket glad över att ha meddelat Era instanser vid detta tillfälle, försäkrande Er om att jag i alla andra fall skall vara beredd att behaga Er, för att visa Er den stat jag gör om Er person och Er vänskap. Var försäkrad att jag kommer att ha stor tillfredsställelse att se Er i Rom; bedjande till Gud, osv.

English translation (my own):

There are several ordinaries that I have accorded to Evert Haas the pardon he asks of me through you, having asked it of me formerly in righteousness, the despatches of which have been sent to my resident Texeira. I am very glad to have notified your instances on this occasion, assuring you that in any other I will be ready to please you, to show you the state that I make of your person and your friendship. Be assured that I shall have great satisfaction in seeing you in Rome; praying to God, etc.


Above: Kristina.

No comments:

Post a Comment