Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Some songs that remind me of Kristina


Above: Kristina.

Here's a list of some songs that remind me of Kristina, her/his/their personality and certain aspects and times in her/his/their life.

1. "Let It Go", from the Disney movie "Frozen" (2013), written by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez and performed by Idina Menzel (Reminds me of Kristina's abdication and newfound ability to truly be and express more of her/his/their real self and be free, or at least so she/he/they thought at the time).

2. "Into The Unknown", from the Disney movie "Frozen 2" (2019), written by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez and performed by Idina Menzel and AURORA (Reminds me of Kristina's curiosity about Catholicism since age nine despite Sweden's hatred of that faith at the time, and when the 25 year old Kristina made the decision to have disguised Jesuit fathers come to teach her/him/them the truth and the ins and outs of their religion).

3. "Show Yourself", from the Disney movie "Frozen 2" (2019), written by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez and performed by Idina Menzel, Evan Rachel Wood and AURORA (Reminds me of Kristina's realisation and personal conviction that she/he/they was meant to become a Catholic).

4. "Touch the Sky", from the Disney/Pixar movie "Brave" (2012), written by Alexander Mandel and Mark Andrews and performed by Julie Fowlis.

5. "Bad Reputation", by Halfcocked (featured in the DreamWorks film "Shrek" (2001)).

6. "Changes", by David Bowie (cover by Butterfly Boucher featuring David featured in the DreamWorks film "Shrek 2" (2004)).

7. "Rebel, Rebel", by David Bowie.

8. "Pagan Poetry", by Björk (reminds me of Kristina's relationship with Cardinal Decio Azzolino).

9. "I Need Some Sleep", by Eels (featured in the DreamWorks film "Shrek 2" (2004)).

10. "Funkytown", by Lipps Inc (featured in the DreamWorks film "Shrek 2" (2004); reminds me of Kristina's eagerness to move to Italy and Rome, more appealing to her/him/them than Sweden).

11. "Stonemilker", by Björk (Reminds me of Kristina's hurt and confusion at Azzolino having toned his affection down and not being as open with her as before).

12. "Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating in Space", by Spiritualized (featured in the film "Vanilla Sky" (2001); reminds me of Kristina's relationship with Azzolino and their feelings for each other as a whole).

13. "You and Me", by Plain White T's (Reminds me of K and A).

14. "Here Without You", by Three Doors Down (Reminds me of how Kristina must have felt about Ebba Sparre's passing in 1662, and also of Azzolino's reaction to Kristina's own passing in 1689).

15. "Wait For You", by Elliot Yamin (Reminds me of Kristina's hurt and confusion at Azzolino having toned his affection down and not being as open with her as before).

16. "Some Say", by Sum 41.

17. "Philosophy of Time Travel", composed by Michael Andrews for the film "Donnie Darko" (2001). (Reminds me of Kristina's secret talks with the Jesuit fathers and finding out about the truth and details of Catholicism from the source).

18. "Say It, Say It", by E. G. Daily (Reminds me of K and A).

19. "I'd Love You to Want Me", original by Lobo, cover by the Anthony Ventura Orchestra (Reminds me of K and A).

No comments:

Post a Comment