Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Excerpt from Kristina's letter to Father Michał Antoni Hacki, dated July 6, 1669

Source:

Mémoires concernant Christine, reine de Suède, volume 3, page 389, compiled and edited by Johan Arckenholtz, 1759


The letter excerpt:

Comme l'Election du Roi de Pologne est déjà faite, je trouve bon par plusieurs considérations, que vous consigniez à Mr. le Nonce toutes les Instructions, Ecritures & Lettres que vous avez, tant les miennes que celles de mon Secretaire Santini, concernant la Négociation, en les cachetant premiérement en un ou plusieurs paquets. Vous exécuterez ceci promtement, & je me réserve de vous donner d'autres ordres pour ce qui me regarde, me déclarant très-contente de votre service.

Swedish translation (my own):

Eftersom valet av Polens konung redan har gjorts, finner jag det gott av flera skäl att Ni överlämnar till nuntien alla instruktioner, skrifter och brev som Ni har, både mina och min sekreterare Santinis, angående förhandlingen, först försegla dem i ett eller flera paket. Ni skall genomföra detta omedelbart, och jag förbehåller mig att ge Er andra befallningar vad jag beträffar, och förklarar mig mycket nöjd med Er tjänst.

English translation (my own):

As the election of the King of Poland has already been done, I find it good for several reasons that you should consign to the Nuncio all the instructions, writings and letters that you have, both mine and those of my secretary Santini, concerning the negotiation, first sealing them in one or more packets. You will carry out this promptly, and I reserve myself to give you other orders as far as I am concerned, declaring myself very satisfied with your service.


Above: Kristina.


Above: Father Michał Antoni Hacki.

No comments:

Post a Comment