Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Excerpt from Kristina's letter to Bernhard von Rosenbach, dated March 9, 1669

Source:

Mémoires concernant Christine, reine de Suède, volume 3, page 402, compiled and edited by Johan Arckenholtz, 1759


The 1,700th post on this blog!

The letter excerpt:

... J'espére que l'exécution qu'on m'a décernée, ne durera pas long-tems après qu'ils auront vu mes Lettres & ma relation. J'attends avec impatience d'apprendre l'effet qu'elles auront produit pour prendre après mes mesures....

Swedish translation (my own):

... Jag hoppas att exekutionen jag har blivit tilldelad inte kommer att hålla länge efter att de sett mina brev och min redogörelse. Jag ser fram emot att lära mig vilken effekt de kommer att ha givit efter mina åtgärder....

English translation (my own):

... I hope the execution I have been awarded won't last long after they see my letters and my relation. I look forward to learning the effect they will have produced to take after my measures....


Above: Kristina.

No comments:

Post a Comment